By Pam Genna
Are you planning a kids party or a family get together and can't think of how to make that one dessert you just love? The one with gooey chocolate, peanut butter, crunchy crispix and powdered sugar. Yes, PUPPY CHOW.
Puppy Chow is the most delicious dessert and as simple as pie to make. Have you searched the web with all the millions of different suggestions on how to make it? Is everyone's different? Well, I have the secret to make the PERFECT batch of Puppy Chow desert. Gather these items and follow this simple recipe.
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1/4 cup Butter
1 cup Chocolate Chips
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
9 cups Crispix cereal - Plain is best
1-1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
1. Combine peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Microwave for one minute then stir to blend all ingredients thoroughly. Add 1/2 tsp. vanilla.
3. Place the 9 cups of Crispix cereal in a very large bowl.
4. Pour the peanut butter-chocolate mixture over the cereal and toss evenly, making sure all the cereal gets a good covering.
5. Coat with powdered sugar, sprinkling evenly over the cereal and tossing as you sprinkle to cover each piece well.
Simple, wasn't it? There are people who use paper lunch bags or plastic bags and pour the cereal with the chocolate chips and peanut butter in it and then try pouring the powdered sugar in the bags. That can make a huge mess. Your best bet, is to follow my recipe and you will end up with one fabulous dessert. People won't be able to get enough of this dessert. And if you are like me, you may even smuggle some just for you for later. Happy cooking.
Pam Genna, the author of this article, owns If The Bow Fits Boutique. An online girls boutique who specializes in custom hair bows for girls and more. Find the best hair bows for girls in her store.