Monday, September 28, 2009

Cleaning Up After Your Pet With a Pet Lover's Shoe

I work in an animal shelter that houses dogs and cats. Being an extreme animal lover, my heart goes out to each and every animal. Part of my job involves caring for sick animals and cleaning up after them. Not too long ago I wore a brand new pair of sneakers to work, and I walked into one of the dog cages, slipped on dog extract and fell. Not only did I ruin my new pair of sixty dollar sneakers, but I hurt my elbow and shoulder as well.

Cleaning up after hundreds of cats and dogs is very difficult work, the pay is very low, but the reward of watching an animal find a new home makes every hour spent here worth it. Animals rely on us humans for so much; food, care, and love to name a few things. After my fall episode, I had to get something on my feet that wouldn't slip so easily and wouldn't cost a fortune, remember, I make just above minimum wage. Two of the ladies that work here wear a shoe specifically for working around animals. It's resistant to all pet related contaminants and they come with a slip resistant sole.

I guess I didn't think about appropriate footwear for working at a shelter too much, but this made sense. My only question was; how long will they last? Both ladies have been wearing theirs for over three years now, five days a week. That was enough to sell me. I have to tell you, if you own animals and have to clean up the yard after your dog, or you work on a farm and are around any kind of poultry, or work in any type of environment where you come in contact with pet contaminants, you need to have something special on your feet.

Boots might be a good choice, but if the weather is warm they will be hot, and they need to be 100% waterproof, and this can make them even hotter. These Muck Boots Muckster Pet Lover's Shoes keep your feet comfortable and dry, and won't degrade from any animal contaminants, and anyone who has spend any significant time around animals knows that fluids or other extract from animals is highly caustic, and I just don't want my feet or socks exposed to any of it, even though I cherish every animal.

Don VanPelt is a writer for Muck Boots Direct who has published many articles about boots. Read his comments and recommendations for the best places to buy Muck Boots Muckster Pet Lover at Muck Boots Direct.

No comments:

Popular Posts