Tuesday, April 27, 2010

How to Treat Ringworm in Cats

By Preston Patrick

One day, there was a kitten that came to my door. I'm a pet lover, so when I saw that it was pretty malnourished I took care of it. I took the little kitten to my veterinarian for a check up. They didn't know that the problem was with my cat, so I had to go back again because the kitten had not gotten any better. They gave it a cold medication, and my kitten seemed to be on its way for recovery. After a while, I noticed that a shape of ring with rash started to show on my skin. When your cat shows symptoms like these, it may be a victim of ringworms.

After few more trips to the vet, they are now fully convinced that my kitten had ringworm, and it warranted immediate action. The symptoms however, were not very obvious for them then, but during the recent visits, it became very clear to them.

Ringworm is a very contagious fungal infection. It spreads really quickly, and it can be passed to another animal. It can even be passed from an animal to a person, and it can even be contracted by touching infected soil or objects. Ringworms in cats can be seen as small to big round lesions that have few hairs. This commonly occurs at the body of the cat, but it can also spread to some parts like the ears, head and tail.

In some cases, the fungus infection is not circle shaped. In other instances, the effects of this infection may appear like a natural autoimmune disease that occurs with young animals. My kitten, it really looked like an autoimmune disease because the only hair loss that occurred was in the area in front of the ears. This is also one of the signs of a malnourished cat.

When you suspect that your cat is a carrier of ringworm in cats, you should be very careful. With my kitten, the infection went undetected until I noticed that another kitten was showing similar symptoms. Even I and my dog were infected with the ringworm fungi. When this happens to your pet, the best action that you should take is to visit your veterinarian for the proper medication of the infection.

There are many treatments that are available for your cats. When the infection is local, you could use an antifungal cream on them. When the ringworm has spread to different parts of the cat's body, you could use an oral treatment. Antifungal shampoos are also effective in removing the ringworm fungi from your cat's body.

If the cat shows symptoms of ringworm, you should take steps to make sure that the infection would not spread further. You can do this by washing the bedding that your cat sleeps in every day to get rid of the fungi that might have stuck on the matting.

When your pet has ringworm, you should repeat this process every day. You should keep doing this even though the symptoms have gone away. You should have your cat undergo two lab tests, and if the results show negative, your cat is now completely cured from ringworm.

Preston Patrick is a ringworm expert. For more great tips on http://cureringwormnow.com/ringworm-cat, visit http://cureringwormnow.com






=======
Email scanned by PC Tools - No viruses or spyware found.
(Email Guard: 7.0.0.18, Virus/Spyware Database: 6.14860)
http://www.pctools.com
=======

No comments:

Popular Posts